Claims & Maintenance of Scooters
When buying a scooter at SkatePro you have 24 months to claim your product, if you notice a defect. This means that you don't have to think about the individual claim rules for each manufacturer, which usually vary greatly.
Within the first 24 months of your purchase you, the customer, can complain about the deficiencies of the product, which has been present at delivery. It is, however, a prerequisite that these deficits are not caused by your incorrect use or other injurious behaviors, that have led to shortages. You lose the right to claim a product if the product has signs of misuse, abuse, has not been maintained as described in the manual or there have been done constructive changes on the product.
- If the defect occurs within 6 months, we must assume the defect has been on the product when you received it. In this case, SkatePro will try to repair the defect up to 3 times, and will issue a refund or replace the product, if these repairs are not successful. Wear and misuse are not considered as claims.
- If the product is between 6 and 24 months old, the customer has to prove to SkatePro that the defect has not occurred because of abuse, wrong use of product or failure to maintain the product.
- Customers are obliged to report defects as fast as possible, if they wish to make a claim. If you receive a product with a defect, contact SkatePro first, do not use the product!
- Remember to submit your claim within a reasonable time after you have found the defect. Claims within two months are always considered as being timely.
To make a claim means, that you think that the product has a defect that is not acceptable and wish the defect fixed. If the claim is approved, you either get it repaired or replaced, a refund or reduction in price, depending on the specific situation and the assessment.
Important: The right to claim a product is canceled if the product has signs of misuse, abuse, has not been maintained as described in the manual or there have been done constructive changes on the product.
How to claim scooters
In order to open a claim, SkatePro will need a number of pictures/video sent by e-mail to our e-mail address. This way we can speed up the process by evaluating what should be the next step, based on your pictures, instead of sending the product back and forth. We always need at least 3 pictures in focus:
- 1 picture of the scooter deck bottom (Below)
- 1 picture of the scooter from the side (The entire scooter)
- 1-3 pictures of the defect, make someone point a finger to specify where the problem is.
Note: Pictures should be sharp and taken in good light. We recommend that the overall attachments size does not exceed 20 MB, otherwise, the files may not arrive in our inbox. If your files exceed the limit, we recommend splitting the files across 2 or 3 e-mails.
Additionally, please send us the following information:
- How did the damage / flaw occur?
- What kind of stunt tricks were performed recently?
- What is the user’s weight?
- What is the user’s experience level?
- What is the order number?
You can also send the product back to us, together with a description of the flaw, at your own expense. We will only credit the shipping if we accept the claim and make a deal with you.
A scooter is assembled of different metal parts that are bolted, screwed and welded together or connected by greased bearings and headsets. This means, that a scooter is a sensitive mechanical device. All parts require maintenance, just like an ordinary bicycle. All bolts, nuts and the headset have to be tightened prior to use. Every time. Refer to your product manual for details. The lifetime of a scooter will be significantly shorter when you keep your scooter outside or in humid surroundings, doing tricks and not maintaining it.
Remember all scooters can break, the lifespan of a scooter is 100% determined by the usage and maintenance of the product.
If you need further information, feel free to contact us or read the following articles: