Buying scooter grips
Grips are mounted on your bar. Like on a bicycle, it's important to have full control of your bar. There are a lot of different models made of different materials. It's a matter of personal preferences on what you choose.
Notice: The inner diameter is the same on all grips, hence they fit on all bars, unless stated otherwise.
The illustration below shows 2 grips with bar ends.
Mounting scooter grips
Mounting grips can be difficult, we have some suggestions:
- Spray some liquid into the grip and on the bar (window cleaner, hairspray). Let it dry!
- Use an air compressor to create an air pocket around the grip, and it will slide right on.
- If all fails, go to the local Bicycle mechanic, they can usually fix it fast.
Hints and info on pro scooter grips:
- Grips are replaceable parts and should be replaced when worn down.
- Extra soft grips wear faster and needs replacement faster than other grips.
- You can use scissors to cut off your grips off the bar or cut them to the correct length.
- Bar ends (The separate part you plug into the bar) does not fit into Aluminum bars due to the bar thickness. However, it's possible to make a cut into the bar end to force it into an aluminum bar.
- We recommend riding with bar ends, as these extend the lifetime of the bar.