Buying scooter grips
Grips are mounted on your bar. Like on a bicycle its important to have full control of your bar. There are alot of different models made of different materials. It's a matter of personal preferences on what you choose.
Notice: The inner diameter is the same on all grips hence they fit on all bars, unless stated otherwise.
The illustration below shows 2 grips with barends.
Mounting grips can be difficult, we have some suggestions:
- Spray some liquid into the grip and on the bar (Window cleaner, hairspray) Let it dry!
- Use an air compressor to create an air pocket around the grip, and it will slide right on.
- If all fails go to the local Bicycle mechanic, they can usually fix it fast.
Hints and info on grips:
- Grips are replaceable parts and should be replaced when worn down.
- Extra soft grips wear faster and needs replacement faster than other grips.
- You can use a scissor to cut of your grips off the bar or cut them to the correct length.
- Barends (The separate part you plug into the bar) does not fit into Aluminum bars due to the bar thickness. Though its possible to make a cut in the barend to force it into an alu bar.
- We recommend to ride with bar ends, as these extends the bar lifetime.