How to Mount Skateboard Risers and Shock Pads
Installing skateboard riser pads is an easy way to prevent wheel bite when skating. Skateboard risers are inserted between the trucks and the deck giving you extra clearance when riding. Skateboard shock pads meanwhile are used to absorb impacts and reduce vibrations.
Both risers and shock pads are installed the same way and it is a straightforward process. Once you have your risers and shock pads, all you need is an Allen key and a skate tool to get started. This quick video will walk you through the steps you need to take:
- First you need to get your board ready by pushing the screws through the deck.
- Next, position the riser / shock pad with the extra holes positioned outwards.
- Now, mount the truck onto the board.
- Screw on the nuts with your fingers.
- Next, use a skate tool and an Allen key to tighten everything together.
- Make sure that the riser or shock pad is not deformed.
Your riser is now mounted!